Dr. Rupesh Kumar Vaidya
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon,MD,MS
- Sunday to Friday 10 am to 3:30 pm
- 10 AM - 3:30 PM
- 10 am to 3.30 pm
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Arthroscopy , Joint Replacement Surgeon & Sports Medicine
Nepal Medical Council Registration no: 2715
- Training in Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty & Sports Medicine, Olympia Orthopedic Associates, Olympia, Washington & Boulder Orthopedics, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- International Fellowship in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea.
- Training in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty, Saint Vincenz Hospital (University of Göttingen), Brakel, Germany.
- S. Ortho (Master of surgery, Orthopedics), Kathmandu University, Nepal.
- D. (Doctor of Medicine), Hacettepe university, Turkey.
- All types of orthopedic and trauma care and their operative and non operative management.
- Arthroscopy of knee, shoulder, ankle, hip joints, etc.
- Hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Pediatric orthopedics and trauma.
- Executive Chairman and Orthopedic Surgeon, Feb 2012 onwards
- Suvekchya International Hospital & Research Center, Sitapaila, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Orthopaedic Surgeon (Head of Department), 1st November 2005 – 31st January 2012
- Scheer Memorial Hospital of Seventh-Day Adventists, Banepa, Nepal.
- Orthopaedic Registrar, 1st November 2004 – 31st October 2005
- Hospitals (on rotation basis): B&B Hospital, HRDC (Hospital & Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children), Dhulikhel Hospital, Scheer Memorial Hospital.
- Orthopedic Resident, September 2001- September 2004
- Kathmandu University (Venue: B&B Hospital, HRDC), Nepal.
- Residential Orthopedic Medical Officer, September 2000- September 2001
- HRDC (Hospital and Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children), Banepa, Nepal.
- Resident Medical Officer, January 2000 – September 2000
- Outpatient Department & Emergency Department, Patan Hospital, Nepal.
- Internship, July 1998- June 1999
- Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey.
LEVEL NAME OF THE INSTITUTION YEAR DIVISION M.S. Orthopedics KathmanduUniversity, School of Medicine, Nepal. 2001-2004 Distinction (77.8%) M.D HacettepeUniversity, Faculty of Medicine Ankara, Turkey 1993-1999 Good
(3.31 out of 4)
I.Sc. (Intermediate in Science) Saint Xavier’s College, Kathmandu, Nepal 1989-1992 Distinction (76%) S.L.C. (School Leaving Certificate) Saint Xavier’s School, Kathmandu, Nepal. 1989 First (76.6%)
SCIENTIFIC PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Scientific paper: “An Epidemiological study of rural area inTurkey” (Feb 1999). Presented to Department of rural medicineHacettepeUniversity during rural medicine rotation in Internship.
- Scientific paper presentation: “A Case Report of The Ilizarov External Fixator Treatment on a Recurrent Club Foot”; ORTHOCON-IV Nepal, Sep 29, 2001, Kathmandu Nepal.
- Scientific paper presentation: “Postoperative Discitis- A Case Report”; Third International Conference of International College of Surgeons Nepal Section, 21-23 March 2002, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Scientific paper presentation-coauthor: “Locked Intramedullary Nailing in Diaphyseal Tibial Fractures-A B&B Hospital Experience”; Nailscon-2004, 4th Annual Conference, 28-29 Feb 2004, Ludhiana, India.
- Scientific paper presentation: “Role of Talectomy in Severe and Rigid Club Feet”; ORTHOCON 2004, 2-4 April 2004, Jointly Organized by Nepal Orthopaedic Association & Orthopedica Belgica.
- Thesis presented to Kathmandu University: “Interlocked Intramedullary Fixation: Comparision of its Results in Closed and Open Tibial Diaphyseal Fractures after Motorbike Accidents”, July 2004.
- Scientific paper presentation: “Changing Pattern of Orthopaedic Trauma”; ANEMCON-22, 22nd All Nepal Medical Conference, 2-4 March 2005, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Scientific paper: “Polytrauma in Our Context”, The Voice, 2005, Yearly Journal of Shree Pulchoki Nursing Campus.
- Scientific paper-coauthor: “Results of Simultaneous Open Reduction and Salter Innominate Osteotomy for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip”, Kathmandu University Medical Journal (2005) Vol.3, No.1, Issue 9, 6-10.
- Scientific paper presentation: “Comminuted Distal Radius fractures Treated with adjustable multiplanar External Fixator”; ORTHOCON 2011, 28-29 Jan 2011, Ktm, Nepal.
- Scientific paper presentation: “Ankle Arthroscopy- A Preliminary Report”; ORTHOCON 2011, 28-29 Jan 2011, Ktm, Nepal.
CLINICAL CONFERENCES AND TRAININGS ATTENDED
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course (PALS); May 12-16, 2000, PatanHospital, Lalitpur, Nepal.
- First Nepal-Turkey Seminar on Spine; Oct 13-14, 2000, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- ORTHOCON IV- Nepal; Sep 29, 2001, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Workshop on Hand Surgery, 7-10 Nov, 2002; Jointly organized by KU Medical School, Dhulikhel and Interplast, Inc. (USA)
- Third International Conference of International College of Surgeons Nepal Section; 21-23 March 2002, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- ORTHOCON 2002; 6-7 Dec 2002, Kathmandu Nepal.
- Sixth International Surgical Conference – Society of Surgeons of Nepal; 21-23 Nov, 2002, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Continuing Medical Education on Club Foot; Nepal Orthopedic Association, 15 March, 2003, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine Course; jointly organized by HRDC (Banepa) and BPKIHS (Dharan); 15-20 June, 2003.
- Intensive Training Workshop on Health Research Methodology; Nepal Health Research Council, 29 March- 2 April 2004.
- Workshop on Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for the Defect Wounds of the Limbs; Sushma Koirala Memorial Hospital; July 2004.
- ORTHOCON– 2004, 11th December, 2004, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- ANEMCON-22, 22nd All Nepal Medical Conference, 2-4 March 2005, Kathmandu, Nepal.ORTHOCON-2005, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- SIGN workshop organized by Nepal Orthopaedic Association at Nepal Orthopaedic Hospital, Jorpati, Kathmandu, 4-5 December 2005.
- AO-SEC Trauma Symposium Principles and Practice of Fracture Management, 15-17 September 2006, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- IOACON-2006, 51st,Annual Conference of Indian orthopaedic Association, 9-15 Nov, 2006, new Delhi, India.
- Workshop on Primary Total Hip Replacement; SantParmanandHospital, New Delhi, India, 13th 2006.
- 4th OASAC (Orthopaedic Association of SAARC Countries) Conference 2006, 8-10 December, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- OASAC Workshop on Shoulder Arthroscopy, 7th Dec, 2006, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Participated in the “Instructional Course on Spinal Trauma and Current Advances in Spine”, Nepal Orthopaedic Association, Kathmandu, Nepal, 21st May 2007.
- Training in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty, 16th March, 2008 to 20th May, 2008, Saint Vincenz Hospital (University of Göttingen), Brakel, Germany.
- ORTHOCON– 2008, 19-21 Nov, 2008, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Participated in “International Workshop on Ponseti Method of Clubfoot Management”, HRDC, Banepa, 11-13 January, 2009.
- International fellowship at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery of the Seoul National University Hospital, Korea from July 27 to September 18, 2009 in Arthroscopic and Arthroplasty surgery of Knee, Hip and Shoulder.
- IOACON-2010, 55th Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 9-14 Dec, 2010. Jaipur, India.
- ORTHOCON 2011, 28-29 Jan, 2011, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- International Symposium on Pediatric Orthopedics and Trauma (ISPOT), September 24-25, 2011, Dhulikhel, Nepal.
- IOACON-2011, 56TH Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 8-11 Dec, 2011, Noida, India.
- Mangament Confab, “Effective Management and Leadership Training”, by Three H Management, Growth Sellers and London Training Services; 26-28 Sep, 2012, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- IOACON-2012, 57th Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 12-16 Dec, 2012, Chennai, India.
- Training in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty, 23rd March, 2013 to 7th April, 2013, Olympia Orthopaedic Associates, Olympia, Washington, USA.
- Training in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty & Sports Medicine, 8th April, 2013 to 19th April, 2013, Boulder Orthopedics, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- “Mahendra Vidya Bhusan” medal by his majesty the King, 2006.
- Topper of MS Orthopedics, Batch 2004, KathmanduUniversity.
- Selected by HMG Ministry of education and culture to study medicine in Turkey, 1992.
- Top student of the Batch 1992 in the biology and physical groups, Saint Xavier’s College.
INSTITUTIONAL RECOGNITION/ OTHER ACTIVITIES:
- Life Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society.
- Member of scientific committee, Nepal Orthopaedic Association, 2011.
- Felicitation by Kavre Jaycees for the outstanding work in the field of medicine in Kavre district, Jan. 2009.
- Executive Committee Member, Nepal Orthopaedic Association, for 2008-2010.
- Life Member of Nepal Orthopedic Association.
- Artist and one of the editors of the annual medical journal (Mantar) 1998, Hacettepe University, Turkey.
- One of the organizers of 1999 medical day promenade, Hacettepe University, Turkey.
- Member of table tennis team which won third prize among the faculties of Hacettepe University in 1995.
- Diploma in Turkish language, 1993.
- Awarded second prize in art competition 1987, in Drug Awareness organized by L.T.S., Saint Xavier’s School.
Awarded first place in G.A.A. sponsored one act play festival 1988